We’re pleased to share the news that Repel-O-Tex® Crystal has been re-assessed and shown to be ‘readily biodegradable’.
Solvay recently conducted a new biodegradability assessment for their Repel-O-Tex® Crystal product with positive results. It achieved 88.7% biodegradation in test conditions, which means that it fulfils the criteria for ‘Ready Biodegradability’ (OECD 301F).
Find out more about Repel-O-Tex® Crystal below, or get in touch to talk to us about including it in your formulations.
About Repel-O-Tex® Crystal
Repel-O-Tex® Crystal is a soil release polymer designed for liquid laundry detergents which adheres to synthetic fibres providing a protective layer from the very first wash. This layer prohibits oily stains from sticking and staining these fibres during the wash cycles making the fibres easier to clean next time without any change to the feel of the textiles.
It promotes excellent soil removal for all stains (especially the greasy ones) and helps to prevent soil re-deposition on fabrics to make washing easier. This has an ‘anti-greying’ effect, keeping whites whiter and colours brighter. Repel-O-Tex® Crystal is effective even in cold wash systems.
- Function: Detergent booster, protective agent, soil release agent, anti-greying agent
- Benefits: Long lasting protection from the first wash, soil release effect, moisture management, anti-greying, brighter colours
- End Use: Liquid laundry detergents (for powder systems contact us for specific Repel-O-Tex® products)
How Repel-O-Tex® Works
Repel-O-Tex® Crystal is a very hydrophilic (i.e. water loving) polymer that forms a layer on fibres which stops oily, greasy soils from adhering to them. As particulates are held in these greasy soils it also helps to prevent re-deposition which would result in the ‘greying’ of whites and the dulling of colours.
Repel-O-Tex® adsorbs on the fabric in the first wash and prevents soil adhesion:
- Polymer adsorption occurs in the first wash
- The invisible polymer layer prevents strong soil adhesion to the fabric
- Soil removal is easier at the second wash
- Performance increases after multiple washes without polymer build-up
Contact Us About Repel-O-Tex®
To find out more, to request a sample or to talk to the Chemlink Specialities team about using Repel-O-Tex® in your formulations, please get in touch: