Looking for an effective yet sustainable conditioning agent that could take your hair care formulations to the next level? Verdant’s Mackine® 301 U is an excellent option to consider. This amido amine is vegetable-derived and palm-free, offers outstanding conditioning and combability properties, can boost volume and reduce build-up – all whilst using less water!
As well as being effective in a range of hair care formulations, this versatile ingredient can also be used as a co-emulsifier in leave-on skin care products.
Mackine® 301 U is made from a high-purity, vegetable-derived grade of stearic acid with a minimum of 90% C-18 content. It can be neutralised with a variety of acids such as citric acid or lactic acid to form a cationic amine salt and it has a lower environmental impact than quaternary ammonium compounds. This is because it doesn’t require as much water to dilute to a concentration (and with no foreseeable impact on aquatic species) and it can easily be rinsed off (whilst reducing build-up and increasing volume), therefore making it a sustainable choice that’s suitable for highly concentrated formulations.
- INCI name: Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine
- Effective with traditional cationic surfactants
Mackine® 301 U offers such a vast variety of benefits for hair care formulations (and for some leave-on skin care formulations too). Here are some of its key benefits:
- Is a sustainable choice – having a lower environmental impact than traditional quats
- Provides excellent conditioning properties
- Rinses readily from the hair, helping to reduce build-up and increase volume
- Forms a smooth film and is not as occlusive
- Reduces static present on the hair surface, therefore reducing frizz
- Contributes to hair detangling and softness
- Helps the texturising and structuring of conditioner formulations
- When blended with a suitable co-emulsifier (e.g. cetyl alcohol, glycol stearates), pearly or opaque type conditioners or leave-on skin care formulations can be developed
- Offered as a better solution to hair care using SAPDMA as a positively charged surfactant commonly used to substitute silicones in hair care products
- Has a performance spectrum very close to the one of CTAC while being not quaternised. It provides intensive care with no impact on volume and a good removability
Mackine® 301 U can be used in a wide variety of hair conditioning formulations (including care for dry and damaged hair, hair conditioner, hair colour, hair mask or specific hair care) and some leave-on skin care formulations. Talk to our technical team for specific formulation recommendations.
Formulating with Mackine® 301 U: the conditioning and sustainable choice!
If you’ve been searching high and low for a highly effective yet sustainable ingredient to boost your conditioning formulations or leave-on skin care products, Mackine® 301 U could be just what you’ve been looking for. Drop us a message via the form below and a member of our experienced and knowledgeable technical team will be in touch to answer any formulation queries you have and to discuss this impressive ingredient in more detail. We can also provide a sample for you to try – ask us when you get in touch!